Abstract: due to the differences in life or work, everyone has different expectations for vision. For example, painters or molders may need clear near vision, while drivers need clear far vision. Let the doctor know your expectations is the first step to the success of the operation. Three objectives of preoperative examination of
first, to judge whether myopia patients are suitable for surgical treatment;
2. Judge what kind of visual effect will be achieved after surgery if myopia patients can operate?
III. doctors can design personalized surgical schemes suitable for myopia patients according to the preoperative examination data of patients.
detailed consultation and comprehensive and accurate preoperative examination are the first step to the success of excimer laser surgery!
I. professional consultation:
(1) before operation, we should communicate with the doctor in detail and really understand the expected effect of the operation.
(2) due to differences in life or work, everyone has different expectations for vision. For example, painters or molders may need clear near vision, while drivers need clear far vision. Let the doctor know your expectations is the first step to the success of the operation.
II. Detailed preoperative examination steps are as follows:
1. Visual acuity examination: understand the far and near visual acuity of myopia patients with naked eyes, and correct their visual acuity with self worn glasses.
2. Computer optometry: preliminarily understand and distinguish the status of myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, corneal curvature and other data of myopia friends.
3. Non contact tonometer examination: understand the internal pressure of the eyeball to rule out the possibility of high intraocular pressure and glaucoma.
4. Corneal topography examination: the main purpose is to understand the regularity and symmetry of the whole ocular corneal surface and eliminate various abnormal factors, especially the possibility of typical keratoconus, sub keratoconus and flat cornea.
5. Comprehensive optometry: this examination can accurately obtain the diopter of myopia patients. Whether the diopter is correct or not directly affects the surgical effect. In addition, visual functions such as stereopsis, visual balance, main eye and esotropia can also be examined.
6. Wavefront aberration inspection: this technology is the most advanced optometry technology today, which originates from space technology. Wavefront aberration inspection can find out that the distribution of myopia degree is different on the same eyeball. The excimer laser guided by wavefront aberration data can truly “personalize” the myopia degree at different parts of the eyeball. At present, wavefront aberration surgery has become the mainstream of myopia surgery in European and American developed countries.
7. Mydriasis examination: after the pupil is opened, the eye adjustment is completely relaxed. At this time, the true myopia and astigmatism can be obtained. However, this data is only used as a reference for the adjustment of surgical parameters, and is generally not used for excimer laser therapy.
8. Fundus retinal examination: severe vitreous lesions were excluded, Severe retinopathy (retinal detachment, retinal hemorrhage, retinal hole, retinitis, etc.)
9. Slit lamp examination of the anterior segment of the eye: focus on corneal transparency, whether there are scars, whether the lens is turbid, whether there is conjunctivitis, keratoderma, dacryocystitis, blepharitis, severe inverted eyelashes, etc.
10. Corneal thickness measurement and axial length measurement: understand the corneal thickness and axial length, and then judge the nature of myopia. For patients with corneal center thickness less than 500 microns, if they are highly myopia, they should pay attention to the cutting depth of corneal center, adjust the size of light area for treatment, and explain the relevant situation to the patients before operation. The strict preoperative examination of
is the first step to the success of excimer laser treatment of myopia. There are many examination items. We emphasize that in addition to the above routine examination, we also carry out routine ophthalmic examinations such as binocular stereopsis function, main eye, visual balance, tear secretion and pupil size in dark light, especially for some special myopia patients, The risk of operation can be minimized only by checking the items that are easy to be ignored. Generally, don’t rush to accept the operation on the same day after the inspection. Patients with
should understand their examination results, fully communicate with doctors, have a comprehensive understanding of the effect after operation, and receive treatment only after they know it well.