Abstract: if one of the parents is high myopia and the other is ordinary myopia, the baby to be born may also be short-sighted, but the probability will not be as high as that of high myopia on both sides., If both husband and wife are not myopia gene carriers, and they are just ordinary myopia, don’t worry too much. The probability of the baby inheriting myopia is very small., When it comes to myopia, you may think of handsome black framed glasses or knowledgeable scholars., However, how handsome are black frame glasses? Once you take it off, you can’t see the world around you., What about the profound scholar fan’er? It’s not that it can’t fill the sadness of being laughed at as a four eyed frog!, Let’s talk about the inheritance of myopia ~, can myopia be inherited? Do you carry myopia genes? Research has found that parents with myopia genes are likely to pass on myopia to the next generation., What is myopia gene? Scientists have found that human chromosome 15 may be the “root” of myopia.,
if both husband and wife are not myopia gene carriers, and they are just ordinary myopia, then don’t worry too much. The probability of myopia inherited by the baby is very small. When
mention myopia, you may think of handsome black framed glasses or knowledgeable scholars.
however, how handsome are black framed glasses? Once you take it off, you can’t see the world around you. What about
profound scholars? It’s not that I can’t fill the sadness of being laughed at as a four eyed frog!
let’s talk about the inheritance of myopia ~
can myopia be inherited? Do you carry the myopia gene
? Research has found that parents who carry the myopia gene are likely to pass on myopia to the next generation. What is the
myopia gene? Scientists have found that human chromosome 15 is likely to be the “root” of myopia.
it is reported that about one fifth of the general population in China are carriers of myopia genes. Are you the fifth?
genes have scientific basis, We need to know whether we have this myopia gene through scientific and formal ways (gene detection).
next, we will analyze the probability of myopia inheritance under different conditions according to the genetic characteristics!
myopia degree analysis
Generally, our understanding of the degree of myopia is limited to how many degrees of myopia glasses we wear, but in fact, myopia can be divided into two types, namely high myopia and ordinary myopia.
(1) common myopia can occur in childhood and rarely progress after the age of 20. After wearing glasses, vision can be corrected to normal, and the degree of myopia is generally below 600 degrees.
(2) High myopia is another eye disease completely different from ordinary myopia. With the growth of age, the front and rear axes of the eyes are lengthened, the back of the eyeball is enlarged, accompanied by degenerative changes in the fundus choroid and retina. After wearing glasses, it is difficult to correct the vision to normal, and the vision decreases gradually, resulting in serious obstacles.
It seems that 600 degrees is a watershed, so if your myopia is below 600 degrees, you should be thankful.
(3) close relative marriage is easy to inherit high myopia?
high myopia is an autosomal recessive genetic disease. It means that its pathogenic gene is on autosomal, and the genetic trait is recessive. Both parents of this genetic disease are disease gene carriers, so it is more common in the children of close relative marriage.
Since high myopia is also an autosomal recessive disease, it can be inferred that if both parents carry high myopia genes, then high myopia is likely to be inherited.
will myopic parents give birth to myopic babies?
parents are myopic. Are babies myopic?
(1) if both husband and wife are not myopia gene carriers, and they are just ordinary myopia, don’t worry too much. The baby has a small chance of inheriting myopia.
(2) If a man with high myopia combines with a woman with high myopia, the incidence of children is indeed higher. In other words, if both parents are high myopia, the baby is likely to be short-sighted.
(3) If one of the parents is highly myopic and the other is ordinary myopic, the baby to be born may also be myopic, but the probability will not be as high as that of both parents.
if one of the parents is myopic, will the baby be myopic?
(1) if one of the parents is ordinary myopic and the other has normal vision, They are not myopia gene carriers, so the probability of inheritance is very small.
(2) according to the survey, if one of the parents is highly myopic and the other is normal, their baby still has a 10% ~ 15% probability of inheriting myopia.
(3) if one party is high myopia and the other party is a myopia gene carrier with normal phenotype, the incidence of high myopia in their children is 50%.
parents are not myopic, and they will not give birth to myopic babies?
after reading the previous content, will you feel lucky that you and your husband / wife are not myopic? However, don’t be too careless. Neither husband nor wife is short-sighted, which doesn’t mean they won’t give birth to a short-sighted baby.
although some couples are not myopic, they are carriers of high myopia genes. They do not show myopia in themselves, but their pathogenic genes are inherited to their children, so that their children have two myopia genes. In this way, the baby is likely to inherit the myopia gene and become a “myopic baby”.
but generally speaking, if parents are not short-sighted and even have good eyesight all the time, the possibility of carrying myopia gene is not high. Therefore, most of the time, children with normal vision will still be born.
how do myopic couples prepare for pregnancy?
I know the genetic probability of myopia. It is estimated that many couples with high myopia can’t hold. I must be very anxious to know how to prepare for pregnancy to minimize the genetic probability?
However, first of all, you should be mentally prepared, because there is no way to alleviate high myopia and it is difficult to correct it. What you can do is to protect the fetus, and you must start from the early stage of pregnancy. In the first three months of pregnancy, it is an important period from the fertilized egg to the embryo and then develop into the fetus. Special attention should be paid to the embryonic form of all major organs of the fetus within 12 weeks Meaning.
in addition, if both husband and wife are not highly myopic, then don’t worry too much. After all, the probability of heredity is not high. Just do a good job of pre pregnancy examination. Another effective method of
is to do genetic testing for children. Through genetic testing, we can understand children’s myopia related susceptibility genes, so as to prevent, delay or even avoid the occurrence of myopia.