Abstract: ICL lens implantation, implantable intraocular contact lens. In short, the ultra-thin lens designed to correct myopia is placed in the ocular refractive system. The operation is not simply to implant the ICL lens into the eye, but to put it in a special position behind the iris and before the lens to achieve the effect of correcting myopia.
many people have learned that patients with high myopia are at greater risk of choosing laser surgery, because the higher the degree, the more corneas need to be cut. It is undoubtedly a risky operation for patients with high myopia, which may bring postoperative complications. Since the emergence of ICL lens implantation, it can be said that it has brought good news to patients with high myopia, ICL lens implantation can effectively help patients with high myopia safely remove their glasses. Let’s understand:
what is ICL lens implantation and how it treats myopia?
ICL lens implantation, implantable intraocular contact lens. In short, the ultra-thin lens designed to correct myopia is placed in the ocular refractive system. The operation is not simply to implant the ICL lens into the eye, but to put it in a special position behind the iris and before the lens to achieve the effect of correcting myopia. ICL crystal is a special crystal made of polymer compounds with high safety.
which myopia patients can do ICL lens implantation?
1. The diopter is stable at the age of 18-50 years. The diopter is relatively stable in 1-2 years, and the annual increase of diopter is no more than 0.5d.
2. There was no history of internal eye surgery and lesions such as intraocular pigment membrane, retina and glaucoma, and the corrected visual acuity was good.
3. The correction range of myopia is 200 – 2500 degrees, and that of hyperopia is 200 – 1000 degrees.
4. ICL is a good choice for laser myopia surgery due to limited corneal thickness. What are the contraindications of
ICL lens implantation?
1. Age less than 18 years old, pregnancy and lactation.
2. The diopter is unstable in recent two years, and the annual increase of diopter is greater than 0.5d.
3. There are systemic or ocular diseases
that are not suitable for intraocular lens implantation. 4. Shallow anterior chamber, atrial angle abnormalities (such as atrial angle closure or neovascularization) and anterior synechia around iris;
5. Glaucoma patients. Advantages of
ICL lens implantation:
1. The operation is simple, safe and fast: the surgical incision is small, the lens can be easily removed after operation, and the structure and shape of eyeball tissue will not be changed.
2. Wide range of correction without damaging the cornea: it can be used to correct a wide range of myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism without removing the cornea or damaging the corneal tissue, without surgical suture, and has excellent visual quality.
3. It has strong reversibility and can be taken out at any time: if the patient’s vision changes significantly and the ICL worn is no longer suitable, it can be taken out or replaced at any time.
4. Convenient postoperative care: ICL is designed to be implanted inside the eye for a long time without maintenance.
5. The design is scientific, practical and beautiful: ICL is implanted in the posterior chamber behind the iris and fixed in the ciliary sulcus with double-sided arch design. It does not contact its own crystal, which can not be seen by outsiders or myself from the outside.