Abstract: at the same time of eye fatigue, many children are also accompanied by eye burning, itching, dryness and swelling carbuncle. In severe cases, the pain spreads to the deep orbit, even causes migraine, and can also cause pain in the occipital part, neck, shoulder and back. This is due to the fatigue perceptual allergy of the sensory nerve in the eyes.
ophthalmologists pointed out that if children’s pseudomyopia is not relieved in time, the eyeball will be oppressed by the tense extraocular muscles for a long time, which will eventually lead to the enlargement of the ocular axis and become true myopia. Understanding the symptoms of children’s pseudomyopia is more conducive for parents to find out the abnormal conditions of children’s eyes as soon as possible and see a doctor as soon as possible!
what are the symptoms of pseudomyopia in children
1. After reading for a long time, the handwriting will overlap and serial. When you look up and look at the object in front of you, you have the feeling of being vague and unstable.
2. Some children will have chalazion, wheat granuloma or blepharitis repeatedly. Although the vision of these children can reach more than 1.0, they have begun to have signs of myopia.
3. Children are bored with learning, pay attention in class, react more slowly, become irritable, and their academic performance decreases. Sleepy and sweaty at night, the body is easy to be tired, and has symptoms such as dizziness and loss of appetite. These changes are also information about impending myopia.
4. If you look long and then move your vision to a nearby object, or look close and then move to a distant object, there will be a short ambiguity in front of you. These are the performance of eye ciliary muscle regulation failure, which is caused by eye fatigue.
5. While eye fatigue occurs, many children are accompanied by eye burning, itching, dryness, swelling and carbuncle. In severe cases, the pain spreads to the deep orbit, even causes migraine, and can also cause pain in the occipital, neck, shoulder and back. This is due to fatigue perception allergy of the sensory nerve in the eyes.
how to care and prevent children’s pseudomyopia
1. To maintain a scientific eye posture, children and teenagers should keep their eyes at a distance of more than 33cm from books and pens when reading and writing, and maintain a correct sitting posture. They must not read while lying down or walking, and do not read when the light is bad.
2. Overlooking method: after using your eyes for a period of time, try to look at the distance and look at the green trees better. Twice a day for 15 minutes.
3、 Cloud and mist method: wear + 2.00 + 3.00 convex lens (i.e. presbyopic glasses of 200 degrees to 300 degrees) once a day. Each time, wear glasses to look far for 15 ~ 30 minutes. 10 consecutive times are a course of treatment, and several courses of treatment can be repeated.
4. Pay attention to doing eye exercises. Children and teenagers should form the habit of doing eye exercises to relieve the tension of their ciliary muscles and eliminate visual fatigue. Eye exercises can be done 4-6 times a day. In addition, children and teenagers should look into the distance for a while every hour of study, at least 10-15 minutes each time, and at least 3 times a day, so as to alleviate eye fatigue.
5. Carrying out necessary dietary care and maintaining a balanced nutrition can also effectively prevent the occurrence of pseudomyopia. Children and adolescents should eat more coarse grains, vegetables, fruits and bean products to prevent pseudomyopia. For children and adolescents who have suffered from pseudomyopia, in addition to the above foods, they can also eat more nuts, medlar and other foods to increase the intake of various vitamins and minerals.
6. Eye exercises: Children’s eye exercises can be done once a day after using their eyes for a period of time, so as to fully rest, relax and adjust their eyes and eliminate eye fatigue.