Abstract: children always like to run forward when watching TV. They don’t sit on the sofa with adults at the same time. In particular, they will rush forward when they see their favorite programs. Parents should pay attention to their children’s vision and go to the hospital for examination as soon as possible.
now the age of myopia is getting younger and younger. For example, children aged three or four can’t express their eye discomfort. Then, how can parents find their children’s vision problems early?
the difference between myopia and amblyopia
myopia is an eye disease in which the eye axis becomes longer and the object is unclear due to excessive tension of the eye regulating muscle ciliary muscle or genetic reasons, but the vision is corrected and restored to normal after wearing glasses.
amblyopia is a kind of eye disease with visual function retardation and disorder, often accompanied by strabismus, high refractive error, and the visual acuity can not be corrected to normal.
how to find children’s myopia in daily life?
1. Children always like to run forward when watching TV. They don’t sit on the sofa with adults at the same time. In particular, they will rush forward when they see their favorite programs. Parents should pay attention to their children’s vision and go to the hospital for examination as soon as possible.
2. Children like to squint when watching TV and reading. Many children are not simple myopia, but also with astigmatism. The object image he sees is a virtual shadow. He can see it clearly by narrowing his eyes. In this case, he should check his eyesight in time.
3. Children like to tilt their heads when watching TV and reading books, because some children have oblique axis astigmatism, and they will subjectively correct this astigmatism through tilting their heads.
4. Children look at iPhones and iPads almost in front of their eyes, which suggests that children’s vision may be abnormal.
how to detect amblyopia in children as soon as possible?
1. Visual acuity chart examination method
parents can buy a standard visual acuity chart, hang it on the well lit wall at home and let their children recognize it at a distance of 5 meters. It is suitable for children under the age of 4. During the examination, the eyes shall be covered separately to prevent monocular amblyopia from being missed. After repeated and careful examination for several times, if the visual acuity of one eye is lower than 0.8, the child shall be taken to the hospital for further diagnosis.
2. Look for abnormal behavior
parents can also use some simple methods to find the signs of their child suffering from amblyopia:
put more eye-catching items in front of their child and observe whether he can find them in time. The specific methods are:
a. observe the situation when the child is watching with both eyes and one eye, and pay attention to whether he likes to be close when watching TV;
B. observe whether the child has an abnormal head position when looking at things, such as whether he likes to look up and down;
C. observe whether children can look at objects stably. If the child’s eyes turn back and forth or tremble, there is the possibility of amblyopia;
D. children often fall when walking and can’t get things. It may be that amblyopia affects him and can’t grasp the sense of distance of objects.