Abstract: children with high myopia need mydriatic optometry to eliminate pseudomyopia and wear frame glasses; In addition to frame glasses, contact lenses can also be used for correction; If the rapid extension of the ocular axis leads to the continuous deepening of myopia, posterior scleral reinforcement is needed to stabilize the myopia. Myopia with
more than 600 degrees is high myopia. High myopia has brought a lot of inconvenience to our life, affecting our studies, finding a job, even marriage and love, and may be inherited to future babies. High myopia is also called malignant myopia. Why it is called malignant myopia is because the harm of high myopia is very serious. Xiaobian has sorted out several questions about high myopia that patients often ask. Please collect them quickly! What are the hazards of
high myopia? The risk of posterior scleral staphyloma in high myopia is 77%, and the higher the degree of myopia, the greater the probability of occurrence.
harm 2. Cause retinal choroidal atrophy and degeneration
because the eye axis of high myopia becomes longer and prone to retinal degeneration.
cause retinal choroidal neovascularization. The incidence of subretinal neovascularization in high myopia is as high as 40%, which can directly affect vision.
harm 4. Retinal detachment
in patients with retinal detachment, 70% of patients are myopia, and the proportion of high myopia is very large.
methods for treating high myopia
(1) children with high myopia need mydriatic optometry, eliminate false myopia, and wear frame glasses.
(2) in addition to frame glasses, contact lenses can also be used for correction.
(3) If the myopia degree continues to deepen due to the rapid extension of the ocular axis, posterior scleral reinforcement is required to stabilize the myopia degree.
(4) adults can undergo myopia correction surgery with ICL intraocular lens implantation.
which patients are not suitable for ICL lens implantation
The patient has other systemic diseases, such as diabetes, autoimmune diseases and so on, and does not do ICL implantation. For high myopia with fundus complications, ICL implantation is generally not selected because the postoperative visual acuity improvement is limited.
who is suitable for ICL lens implantation
(2) myopia: 200-1800 degrees
in terms of corrected diopter range, the corrected diopter range of ICL lens implantation is 200-1800 degrees.
(3) The depth of anterior chamber is appropriate, and the number of corneal endothelial cells is normal