Abstract: video game has a great impact on vision. The flickering picture on the fluorescent screen increases the burden on the eyes, forces the ciliary muscle to be highly tense, causes the lens to flex excessively, and increases the diopter. Over time, it can lead to ciliary muscle spasm, which is also a major inducement for children’s myopia. The healthy growth of
children is inseparable from exploring the world with both eyes, but now myopia has become one of the high incidence eye diseases of children, and is gradually developing towards younger age. Recently, the National Health Vision report showed that the incidence of myopia in China has ranked the highest in the world. It is estimated that the incidence rate of myopia in China will be close to 704 million to 711 million by 2020. However, what causes the high probability of children’s myopia?
factors affecting children’s visual development
in addition to the family genetic history of eye diseases and the causes of myopia caused by premature birth and asphyxia at birth, there are some unconventional factors that parents can’t ignore:
1. Lack of sleep
10-13 years old is the peak of myopia. If children of this age do not get enough sleep, their sympathetic and parasympathetic functions will lose balance, resulting in disorder of the regulation function of the ciliary muscle. Therefore, they can ensure that they get enough sleep for 9-11 hours every night, which can protect their eyesight and prevent children’s myopia.
2. The research of experts related to noise
shows that when the sound intensity is above 90 dB, the sensitivity of rod cells in the fundus retina to distinguish light brightness begins to decline, and the time to recognize weak light response is prolonged. When it exceeds 45 DB, 40% of people have dilated pupils, and when it reaches 115 dB, the adaptability of eyes to light brightness decreases by 20%, At the same time, it is accompanied by the weakening of color perception.
3. Eating too many sweets
sweets are acidic foods. On the one hand, they consume a lot of calcium in the body, on the other hand, they increase blood sugar and change crystal osmotic pressure, which is another curse for the formation of children’s myopia. It is better to supervise children to eat less.
4. Passive smoking
German experts found that tobacco contains a highly toxic cyanide, which accumulates in the human body to a certain extent and can cause toxic amblyopia. The child’s eyeball is in the development stage and is more sensitive to the harmful substances in tobacco.
5. Video game machines
have a great impact on vision. The flickering picture on the fluorescent screen increases the burden on the eyes, forces the ciliary muscle to be highly tense, causes the lens to flex excessively, and increases the diopter. Over time, it can lead to ciliary muscle spasm, which is also a major inducement for children’s myopia.
how to find
the baby is young and can’t describe it. How can parents find the baby’s eye disease in time? Especially the eye disease we can’t see intuitively? Pediatric ophthalmologists have taught you some small ways to help parents find problems in time.
1. When a baby is covered with one eye, if he does not show crying or tear the cover with his hand, it means that the eye is likely to have poor vision.
2. When looking at objects, you often tilt your head and face. You must go to the eye examination. It is different from torticollis. Don’t do the wrong operation to find that it is the problem of strabismus.
3. When we see the sun, we often close one eye. At this time, we should be alert to whether there is intermittent exotropia, because the baby may see two light sources, so when he looks at the light or sees the sun, he will close his eyes.
4. With normal intelligence, they often show behavioral characteristics such as slow movement, dislike violent activities and small range of activities. Even they often wrestle, which also shows that there are some problems in visual development.
we all think that watching TV can lead to myopia. In fact, there are many reasons for children’s myopia. As parents, we must understand! Don’t let your negligence cause your child’s lifelong regret. Learn to use your eyes for health, starting with subtle habits.