Myopia will affect people’s brain cognition!

Abstract: the visual system has three parts: refractive system, which is optical imaging; The optic system is nerve conduction; Visual central system is visual cognition. The latter two parts, that is, the whole visual nervous system from retina to visual center, its main function is brain vision.

“see with the brain” sees more

when we “see with the brain”, our eyes really see only 10% of the content we think we see, and the other 90% of the content is inferred from the information processing of the brain. These inferences are based on: what have we just seen; What have we seen in similar scenes in the past? Such as

and

myopia will affect the efficacy of brain vision. Is there a correlation between seeing with the brain and seeing with the eyes?

vision system has three parts: refractive system, which is optical imaging; The optic system is nerve conduction; Visual central system is visual cognition. The latter two parts, that is, the whole visual nervous system from retina to visual center, its main function is brain vision.

and

, that is, the premise of “seeing with the brain” is “seeing with the eyes”. When we scan the surrounding environment with clear eyes, what we consciously see and what we unconsciously see are all transmitted to the visual brain (visual signal processing function area) and become the information for brain visual perception of the outside world.

if the eyes are short-sighted and blurred, will it affect brain vision?

and

can not be accepted unconsciously, which will inevitably affect the efficacy of brain vision.

some amblyopia and agnosia have new causes.

there are nerve cells specialized in recognizing human faces in the visual brain, which only have a high response to human faces.

and

cases are “congenital face agnosia”. The cortical density of occipitotemporal cortex, amygdala and prefrontal cortex is different from that of ordinary people, so it is difficult for them to distinguish human faces. Even very familiar people will be regarded as strangers. It is believed that one in 50 people is born with the disease.

brain vision is the result of integration, collection and processing of visual image information in each visual functional area of the visual brain. When Area VI is injured and unable to process the information, it will lead to the phenomenon of “seeing” but unable to understand.

and

are that in the process of brain visual operation, visual information is divided into multiple channels, and multiple different pipelines work at the same time, and then integrate these information, so that we can see the changing world.

and

have differences in the speed of seeing things. Why do people have differences in “reaction time”? The reason for

and

is that in the process of brain visual operation, visual information is divided into multiple channels, and multiple different pipelines work at the same time, and then integrate these information, so that we can see the changing world.

and

people have physiological differences, so the different functional units of the visual brain that complete these information processing have strong and weak differences. Therefore, the time to complete visual information processing can be divided into fast and slow. Finally, the time when we “see” things with the brain can be divided into fast and slow.