Abstract: teenagers and children should go to a professional ophthalmologist and optometrist for examination in time to determine the situation of myopia. Pseudomyopia does not need glasses. It is cured by usual vision care, eye drops and other effective treatment methods.
I. Q & A of 7 common questions about children’s myopia
Q: how old should children have their eyesight checked regularly?
A: there is no congenital abnormality. The child can receive the first comprehensive visual examination at the age of 3 to ensure normal visual development and no other abnormalities in the eyes. If necessary, the doctor will ask your child to wear glasses or other treatment to correct some problems in vision development.
unless the doctor has special suggestions, the next visual examination should be conducted at the age of 5-6, and the subsequent visual examination should be conducted once a year or two according to the child’s visual acuity. Try to teach your child to recognize the visual acuity chart before examination.
Q: visual examination = optometry?
A: comprehensive vision examination is a complex medical process. Optometry is only one part of it. It can understand the refractive status of children, but before that, doctors need to check to eliminate eye diseases, such as slit lamp examination to eliminate congenital cataract and corneal abnormalities, eye position examination to judge whether strabismus, eye movement and collection function Identify the main eye and binocular visual function.
Q: what should I take my child for a visual examination as soon as possible?
A: when you find that your child has one or more of the following symptoms, you should consider whether he has myopia. You should take the child to the hospital for examination as soon as possible to avoid delaying treatment.
● children complain that they are not clear when watching blackboard and TV;
● like to squint, blink frequently and rub eyes;
● inattention at school, wrong people or things, like to look closer;
● often look at things with a crooked head, squint, frown and pull the corners of the eyes.
Q: do you have to wear glasses when you are nearsighted?
A: young children should go to a professional ophthalmologist and optometrist for examination in time to determine the situation of myopia. Pseudomyopia does not need glasses. It is cured by usual vision care, eye drops and other effective treatment methods.
if the examination determines that it is true myopia, wear glasses to correct your vision as soon as possible, And wear glasses for a long time (myopia below 300 degrees can only wear glasses in class, watching TV, etc.).
do not wear glasses after myopia, which will not only cause a lot of inconvenience to life and study, but also easily form visual fatigue and deepen myopia. For children with imperfect visual development, long-term inability to see clearly may also inhibit eye development and form amblyopia.
Q: will wearing glasses deepen myopia?
A: the study found that myopia deepens faster without glasses than with conventional glasses, which may be related to unclear vision without glasses, long-term adjustment of spasm and visual fatigue. If the child is over 8 years old and the myopia deepens rapidly, it can be considered to wear night wear corneal shaping glasses, which is the only internationally recognized method that can effectively control and delay the deepening of myopia.
Q: if a child is nearsighted, when should he wear glasses?
A: Generally speaking, glasses should be actively considered when the degrees of myopia, astigmatism and hyperopia are greater than or equal to 50 degrees, 100 degrees and 150 degrees respectively. However, if children have amblyopia or strabismus, they should wear glasses even if the degrees are slight.
Q: are parents myopic and children myopic?
A: at present, the causes of myopia are not completely clear. Myopia is related to a variety of factors, including congenital genetic factors and acquired factors, such as environment and personal habits. At present, it is considered that parents are nearsighted, and children’s risk of myopia will be higher than children whose parents do not have nearsightedness.
cannot say that parents are myopic, children must be myopic, or parents are not myopic, and children will not be myopic. However, whether parents have myopia or not, they should do a good job in myopia prevention, increase children’s outdoor activities, give children a good visual development environment, and control the visual load, especially the use of close-up electronic products.
II. Six scientific eye methods for preventing and treating children’s myopia
to prevent children’s myopia, we should start from the daily eye habits and teach children to learn six scientific eye methods, which can effectively prevent myopia.
1) pay attention to three points when reading and writing: one foot from the book, one punch from the chest to the table, and one inch from the tip of the pen;
2) do not read when walking, riding, lying or lying down;
3) do not read, write, watch TV, play video games and surf the Internet for a long time;
4) do not read or write when the light is too strong or too weak;
5) do not use your eyes too long, and rest for 10 minutes every 40 minutes;
6) combine work with rest, carry out physical exercise, and increase outdoor activities
3. 8 omens of children’s myopia
1. Squint to see things: when you find that children often squint when reading and watching TV, you should consider that they may suffer from early myopia. This is because the eyelids can block part of the pupils when squinting, which can reduce the scattering of light, so as to temporarily improve and improve vision.
2. Looking at things askew: looking at objects askew can reduce the impact of scattered light on vision. Therefore, some babies will look at things askew in the early stage of myopia. Parents should take their children to the hospital to check their eyesight, and correct the wrong posture of looking at objects, so as not to make them form the habit of crooked head.
3. Frequent blinking: but when children can’t see clearly, they will blink frequently, because frequent blinking can alleviate myopia and increase visual acuity to a certain extent.
4. Love to rub the eyes: when the eyes are not in time, we will rub the eyes in case we can’t see clearly, but if children often rub the eyes, we should be vigilant against myopia.
5. Strabismus: when a child has one eye vision