Abstract: due to the elongation of the eye axis and the liquefaction and degeneration of the vitreous, the fiber cords in the vitreous can adhere to the retina and pull the retina. When the eyeball is impacted by external force or trauma, it can cause retinal rupture and retinal detachment.
1. Myopia can cause eye fatigue: due to unclear vision and enhanced eye regulation, eye muscles are in an excessive tension state for a long time, which is easy to cause eye fatigue. There may be eye swelling, eye pain, orbital pain, dizziness, nausea and other symptoms.
2. Myopia can cause retinal detachment: for high myopia, due to the elongation of the eye axis and the liquefaction and degeneration of the vitreous, the fiber cords in the vitreous can adhere to the retina and pull the retina. When the eyeball is impacted or injured by external forces, it can cause retinal rupture and retinal detachment. Retinal detachment is the most serious complication of high myopia, Vision is extremely decreased. If not treated in time, it can lead to blindness.
3. Myopia can lead to strabismus: after myopia, due to the use of less adjustment and more collection functions when looking close, the adjustment and collection functions are unbalanced, and the internal rectus muscle is in an excessive tension state for a long time. Over time, the internal rectus muscle function is insufficient, and the collection functions of both eyes are weakened accordingly, so it is very easy to cause exophoric strabismus or exotropia.
4. Myopia can cause “flying mosquito disease”: due to the liquefaction of the vitreous in the eye and the reduction of eye elasticity, high myopia can produce floating objects in the vitreous, i.e. “vitreous turbidity”, and black shadows such as dot, arachnoid and filamentous flutter in front of the eyes, which is commonly known as “flying mosquito disease”.
5. Myopia can cause macular hemorrhage and degeneration: degenerative myopia can cause macular hemorrhage, atrophy and degeneration of retina and choroid due to changes in fundus.
above are the introduction of the consequences of not treating myopia. Many people don’t care about myopia. In fact, it’s not good for the eyes. These situations may occur. Therefore, if myopia is treated early.