Abstract: in medicine, it is called vitreous opacity, which shows that there are dark shadows floating in front of people when they see things, just like mosquitoes flying, which is mainly caused by vitreous liquefaction. It is suggested that myopic patients with flying mosquito disease should regularly check the fundus and pay attention to the health of the retina.
1. Cataract – high myopia is easy to be complicated with cataract. People with high myopia will have cataract early, and the effect of cataract surgery is worse than those without a history of high myopia.
2. Glaucoma – according to statistics, many people with high myopia will develop glaucoma, and glaucoma is the second blinding eye disease at present, which is characterized by high intraocular pressure, progressive decline of visual acuity and narrowing of visual field.
3. Flying mosquito disease — it is called vitreous opacity in medicine. It shows that when people look at things, there are dark shadows floating in front of them, just like mosquitoes flying. It is mainly caused by vitreous liquefaction. It is suggested that myopic patients with flying mosquito disease should regularly check the fundus and pay attention to the health of the retina.
4. Retinal detachment – mainly manifested by sudden blurred vision, deformation and dark shadow occlusion, which can lead to blindness in severe cases. Once the retina is detached, surgery is needed immediately to avoid further deterioration of vision.
5. Atrophy of retina and choroid – eyeball dilation causes posterior scleral staphyloma, thinning and atrophy of retina. When the atrophy involves the macula, macular hemorrhage and holes can appear, the visual acuity is seriously reduced, and there is a central fixed dark spot.