Abstract: due to orbital protrusion in high myopia, the probability of retinal detachment is eight or ten times higher than that in other people. Myopia accounts for more than 70% of primary or rhegmatogenous retinal detachment. It is a common complication of high myopia.
should pay more attention to high myopia. It is important to go to a professional hospital as soon as possible to listen to the suggestions of experts and seize the time for treatment, because it is easier to cause damage to the eyes than general myopia. The most important situation is that it will bring many complications to the eyes. Then, what eye complications will high myopia cause? Let’s take a look at the introduction of experts!
what eye complications do high myopia cause?
1. Glaucoma: the probability of various glaucoma in high myopia is significantly higher than that in normal people.
2. Macular lesions: common macular hemorrhage, macular degeneration and macular hole.
3. Retinal detachment: due to high myopia and orbital protrusion, the probability of retinal detachment is eight or ten times higher than that of other people. Myopia accounts for more than 70% of primary or rhegmatogenous retinal detachment. It is a common complication of high myopia.
4. Vitreous lesions: due to high myopia, the vitreous cavity is enlarged and the ocular axis is prolonged, which promotes vitreous degeneration, resulting in liquefaction, turbidity and posterior detachment.
5. Cataract: due to blood circulation disorder and tissue degeneration in high myopia, it will cause lens opacity.
6. Posterior scleral staphyloma: in degenerative myopia, due to the excessive extension of the eyeball from the equator, the sclera at the posterior pole is significantly thinner and locally expanded. Under the action of intraocular pressure, the sclera bulges and forms posterior scleral staphyloma of different sizes. Its occurrence is significantly related to the diopter and the length of the eye.
7. Strabismus: it is often accompanied by recessive exotropia or dominant exotropia due to abnormal regulation and collection functions and maladjusted relationship.
ophthalmologists remind: the prevalence of high myopia is very high. If it is not treated in time, it will cause blindness. High myopia is one of the common causes of blindness in adults, accounting for the sixth place in blinding diseases in China.
ICL lens implantation is the best choice for the treatment of high myopia.
ICL lens implantation can effectively and quickly correct high myopia. Lens implantation is equivalent to implanting a small glasses into the human eye, which can be permanently implanted into the eye. If necessary in the future, it can also be removed or replaced at any time. ICL lens implantation does not cut the corneal tissue and retains the complete structure of the eyeball.