Abstract: often squint when looking at objects: myopia patients often squint when looking at things, because the eyelids can block part of the pupils when squinting, which can reduce the scattering of light, so as to temporarily improve and improve their vision. Therefore, when your child often squints at objects, it should be considered that he may have early myopia.
many parents take their children to check their eyesight and wear glasses as soon as they have winter vacation. In fact, it is still necessary to take children to recheck their eyesight before the end of the winter vacation, because during the winter vacation, children hold iPads, mobile phones and other electronic products all day, play games and watch videos, and their eyesight is easy to decline in this short holiday. When you find that your child has one or more of the following symptoms, you should consider whether he has early myopia. You should take the child to the hospital for examination as soon as possible to avoid delaying treatment:
1. Often squint when looking at objects: myopic patients often squint when looking at things, because the eyelids can cover part of the pupils when squinting, This can reduce the scattering of light, so as to temporarily improve and improve vision. Therefore, when your child often squints at objects, it should be considered that he may have early myopia.
2. Frequent blinking: frequent blinking can alleviate myopia and enhance vision to a certain extent. Therefore, when your child has the symptoms of frequent blinking, you should consider whether he has early myopia.
3. Often rub eyes: when some children can’t see objects clearly because of myopia, they often rub their eyes with their hands in order to better see objects. Therefore, when you find that your child often rubs his eyes, you should take him to the hospital to check his eyesight in time.
4. Often look at objects with their heads tilted: some children with early myopia often look at objects with their heads tilted. This is because looking at objects askew can reduce the impact of scattered light on their vision. Therefore, when you find that your child often looks at objects with his head tilted, be sure to take him to the hospital to check his eyesight, and correct his wrong posture when looking at objects, so as not to make him form the habit of looking at objects with his head tilted.
5. Often frown: some children with myopia have the habit of frowning. This is a way they try to improve their eyesight. But often frowning will make the extraocular muscles compress the eyeball, which will speed up the development of myopia. Therefore, when it is found that your child often frowns, take him to the hospital to check his eyesight in time, and help him get rid of the problem of often frowning.
6. Often pull the corners of the eyes: after a few children suffer from myopia, they often pull the corners of their eyes outward with their hands. Because doing so can have the same effect as tilting your head and squinting your eyes. Therefore, when you find that your child has the habit of pulling the corners of his eyes, you should take him to the hospital to check his eyesight in time.
7. Often strabismus when looking at things: some children with myopia often have the habit of strabismus (that is, when one eye looks forward, the other eye will look outside involuntarily). Therefore, when you find that your child has the habit of strabismus, you should consider whether he has myopia.
8. Keep your eyes close to things when looking at things: when your child looks at objects, he always keeps close to them. When reading and writing, he often complains that the light in the room is too dark, take into account that your child may suffer from myopia.
9. Often look at wrong people or can’t see clearly: when your child often doesn’t say hello to acquaintances, often trips or bruises by things when moving in the dark, or often can’t see the handwriting written on the blackboard, you should also consider whether your child has myopia.
computer optometry is for reference only and cannot be used as a prescription directly.
computer optometry developed since the 1970s belongs to objective optometry. The machine used for this optometry is an instrument combining optics, electronics and machinery, and its principle is basically the same as that of retinoscopy. In addition, infrared light source and automatic fog vision device are used to relax eye adjustment. Its operation is simple and fast, which is a great progress in optometry technology. However, all kinds of computer optometry machines have certain errors. Although the infrared light source and automatic fog vision device are used to relax the adjustment, the adjustment influence can not be completely eliminated, especially for teenagers, the adjustment power is very strong, and the simple use of computer optometry is often inaccurate. There are many reasons affecting the accuracy of computer optometry, such as the stability of the quality of computer optometry and the rationality of technology; The proficiency and subjective bias of the inspector’s operation technology; The cooperation of the inspected person will cause errors. Therefore, the results of computer optometry can only be used for clinical reference and can not be directly used as a prescription for glasses. It can be finally determined only after the accuracy of comprehensive optometry and trial wearing of patients. Of course, the computer optometer can quickly measure the general situation of ametropia, which provides a useful reference for understanding the patient’s refractive degree and outpatient optometry in the treatment of ophthalmopathy.
wear glasses correctly, and the degree will not be deeper and deeper.
in essence, the development of myopia is not directly related to wearing glasses. Myopia patients wear appropriate glasses and pay attention to eye hygiene. The degree of myopia will be stable at a certain level. But if you think that with glasses, everything will be fine. Usually you don’t pay attention to eye hygiene and continue to make your eyes in a state of fatigue for a long time, it will lead to decreased vision and deepened myopia. In addition, wearing inappropriate glasses, such as no optometry or inaccurate optometry, and the degree is too large, will increase the burden on the eyes, reduce vision and deepen the degree. Some people with high myopia (more than 600 degrees) insist on wearing glasses, but the degree will still deepen, accompanied by fundus changes. It is called pathological myopia in medicine. This myopia is related to the degree of myopia and family, and has nothing to do with wearing glasses.