Abstract: myopia can prevent exotropia. When myopia is near, the regulatory effect of the eye is weakened. Over time, the effect of the external rectus muscle exceeds that of the internal rectus muscle, which will cause exotropia. Of course, myopia with exotropia can still be corrected by myopia.
what are the benefits of wearing myopia glasses
1. Myopia glasses can correct vision. Myopia can not focus the distant light on the retina, resulting in unclear distant objects. After wearing myopia glasses, you can get a clear image, so that your vision can be corrected.
2. Myopia can reduce fatigue. Myopia without glasses will inevitably lead to the extreme fatigue of glasses, and the result can only deepen the degree day by day. After wearing glasses normally, visual fatigue will be greatly reduced.
3. Myopia can prevent exotropia. When myopia is near, the regulatory effect of the eye is weakened. Over time, the effect of the external rectus muscle exceeds that of the internal rectus muscle, which will cause exotropia. Of course, myopia with exotropia can still be corrected by myopia.
4. Myopia can prevent and treat exophthalmos. Because the eyeball of teenagers is still in the development stage, regulatory myopia is very easy to develop into axial myopia. Especially for high myopia, the anterior and posterior diameter of the eyeball is significantly prolonged, and the appearance is exophthalmos. If myopia is corrected normally at the beginning, this situation will be alleviated or even not occur.
5. Myopia can prevent amblyopia. High myopia without timely wearing glasses often leads to ametropic amblyopia. As long as you wear appropriate glasses, your vision will gradually improve after a long time of treatment.
6. Myopia can prevent complications caused by high myopia, such as retinal detachment, vitreous opacity, cataract, glaucoma, nystagmus, etc.
what are the misunderstandings of wearing myopia glasses
misunderstandings 1: glasses can’t be taken off when they are worn.
first of all, it should be clear that myopia can be divided into true myopia and false myopia, and true myopia is difficult to recover. Pseudomyopia may recover, but the degree of recovery depends on the proportion of pseudomyopia in myopia. For example, for people with 100 degrees of myopia, only 50 degrees may be pseudomyopia, and it is difficult to recover with glasses. Only 100% of pseudomyopia can recover.
misunderstanding 2: watching TV will increase the degree of myopia
from the perspective of myopia, watching TV reasonably will not increase myopia. On the contrary, it may also reduce the development of pseudomyopia. Because compared with books, TV is a relatively distant object. For pseudomyopia, TV is far away and it is possible to see clearly. The ciliary muscle should relax hard to adjust, which increases the change ability of the ciliary muscle in disguise. It is a good way to relax and reduce fatigue. However, to correctly use this method, we should first be far away from the TV, preferably 5 to 6 times the diagonal of the TV screen. If we lie down in front of the TV, it will not work. The second is time. It’s best to watch TV for 5 to 10 minutes after learning to read an hour. And remember to take off your glasses. Misunderstanding 3 of
: people with low degrees must wear glasses. If they are not professional drivers or work that particularly needs clear vision, they do not have to wear glasses, especially for myopia below 300 degrees, they do not have to wear glasses at any time. Wearing glasses often may increase the degree of myopia.
because many people ignore the fact that according to the international unified standard, optometry generally checks whether they can see clearly at a distance of 5 meters, but few people look at things at a distance of 5 meters in our life, that is to say, glasses are used to see far. But the reality is that the vast majority of teenagers rarely take off their glasses in their study, so most people look close with glasses that look far away, but increase ciliary muscle spasm and aggravate myopia. Misunderstanding 4 of
: everything is fine with glasses.
treat myopia by no means everything is fine with glasses. The methods to prevent the deepening of myopia can be summarized into a bit awkward words: “pay attention to the distance of close eye use” and “reduce the time of continuous close eye use”. “Pay attention to the distance between eyes at close range” means that the distance between eyes and books and desktop shall not be less than 33cm. “Reduce the time of continuous close eye use” means that the duration of reading should not exceed 1 hour. You need to take off your glasses and look into the distance at intervals to avoid excessive eye use, so as not to increase the degree of myopia. In addition, parents should carefully observe the matching degree of their children’s desks and chairs when holding parent meetings. Misunderstanding 5 of
: the degree of glasses remains the same.
can be measured by several standards: the photometric error should not be greater than 25 degrees, the pupil distance error should not be greater than 3mm, and the pupil height error should not be greater than 2mm. If you feel tired and dizzy and don’t disappear for a long time, I’m afraid this pair of glasses is not suitable for you.